Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dylan!

This card is for my neighbor who turned 12 yesterday.  I babysat for him from the time he was born until he was four.

I stamped the letters with an alphabet set from Inkadinkado and four different colors of Versamagic chalk inks.  I distressed the edges and mounted them on Stampin' Up! cardstocks.  The "brads" are actually from the jewelry department at Michael's and, I believe, are called "studs."  The scoring lines are done with my Scor-Pal.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's set called "Around and About."  the card measures 8.5 x 3.5 inches - to fit into a business size envelope.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

A very very cool card. I will have to CASE this one for a guy card. Great job

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Personalized cards (or anything) is always appreciated. That's a great idea!

Harriet Skelly said...

Awesome card for Dylan! I'm sure he loved it!

Mary said...

What a great looking card for a boy who is 12. Love the fun colors too. :)

Mary

bonnie32002 said...

Love how you used the alpha letters. I have a few alpha sets and tend not to use them. Maybe I'll have to drag them out for a little fresh air and ink?

Leslie Miller said...

This is wonderful! I love the playful arrangement of the letters and the "studs". Very, very nice!

Sam said...

love this card - you inspired me to get out my unopened large alpha stamps - although I was a bit surprised to see that my alpha stamps were outlines - will teach me to check more carefully in future when shopping. (have semi-CASEd you if you don't mind!)