Friday, January 15, 2010

Love Birds Anniversary

Yesterday I woke up really early and made two cards. I didn't get a chance to photograph both of them, so I'll just share one of them with you. Turns out the theme for the SplitCoastStampers Ways to Use It Challenge yesterday was birds, so I used it for the challenge:)

I used my new Gina K set called Elegant Post. I paper-pieced the heart. The background paper is from a pad of black and white patterned paper from The Paper Studio. I rubbed the edge of the image panel in black ink. I did the stamping with Versafine Onyx Black, as usual. The sentiment panel is mounted on Pop Dots. I matted both layers with black.

No stamping today. We are having six couples over tonight, and I still have to clean the house and buy the snacks that we need! Oh, and bake cookies! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Black and white cards always have a way of looking elegant. Great card!

Mary said...

Love your card. The black and white together with just a touch of red is great.

Have fun with all of your friends tonight. :)

mary

Irene said...

Morning Lynette

Another wonderful card, I love Black and White as it makes such elegant cards, and your image is perfect.

Simple but oh so effective and gorgeous.

luv
irene
xxxx