Wednesday, September 23, 2009

2RedBananas "Kit Card"

I'm having fun as a Guest Designer for 2RedBananas! This card was made with items from Jeanette - we were all given the same "pieces." Included were two different pieces of double-sided designer paper, the turquoise rick-rack, the pink velvety ribbon, the metallic dew drops, and two colors of glitter. This is what I came up with. Check out the 2RedBananas blog to see what the other "bananas" came up with! (The post isn't there yet, but it will be.)

The image is Birthday Penny from the September release. I stamped her with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and colored her with Stampin' Up! markers, a Copic marker (her skin) and a paintbrush and SU! ink pad (her hat.) I paper-pieced the present and the bow, then added glitter to the ribbons in her hair and the bow on the package. (I know, it's very hard to see in the picture.) The sentiment is from a dollar set from Michael's. I sponged a little brown around the edges. The patterned layer is mounted on some brown cardstock, also.

Here are the specifics on the "ingredients:" Paper - October Afternoon Daydream Collection Patio Umbrella and Rain Boots. Glitter - Pink Paislee Pixie Stix Bubblegum and Green Apple. Dew Drops - Mardi Gras Metallics. Ribbons - May Arts.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Cute design....great papers and embellishments. Love that wide rick rack!

Harriet Skelly said...

Very cute Lynette! I've never seen metallic dew drops - love them! I'm glad you are enjoying being a guest "banana"!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Oh this is sooo cute!! Isn't she just darling!!
Great card!
hugz
deb

Mary said...

What an adorable birthday card. Another sweet stamp. I can see why you are enjoying designing so far.The stamps you have had to use are all so cute.

Mary