Sunday, August 2, 2009

SCS Technique Lovers Challenge - Quilling


These cards are for a Technique Lover’s Challenge on SplitCoastStampers – to use quilling. I also combined a Clean and Simple Challenge for the second one – a sketch challenge.

On the first card, I simply used a sticker I’ve had for a while with quilled flowers on it. I loved it when I bought it, and I still do. I cut the white mat and the Mauve Mist mat using Oval Nestabilities. The sentiment is from a Studio G set and the background is embossed with a Sizzix folder. The quilled panel is mounted on Pop Dots, mostly because I thought that's the way it would stick the best. For this second card, I did do the quilling. I guess it's a hyacinth- that's what the directions call it:) (I got a calendar a few years ago with a different quilling pattern and paper for each day. Very fun, but I still have a lot of them left!) Not much explanation necessary. I used a color I almost NEVER use – Stampin’ Up!’s Glorious Green - for the matting. It matched the quilling paper. I had to hand-emboss the dots, because I forgot to emboss it before I added the quilling. Oops - didn't want to run it through my BIGkick with the quilling on! The sentiment is from a Studio G set and is stamped with Stampin’ Up! Elegant Eggplant.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Both are beautiful. I am impressed with your quilling. Not something I have ever tried.

Jeanette - said...

Both of these are beautiful Lynette! Your work is absolutely wonderful!

Danni said...

These are both simply gorgeous! Wow, love them!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That first card is absolutely gorgeous. The CAS is also pretty.

Inna D. said...

Very beautiful cards!