Thursday, August 20, 2009

CAS Challenge - Monochromatic with a "Splash" of Red

This card is for the fall SplitCoastStampers Clean and Simple Design Team challenge. (Wish me luck!!) There are three challenges, actually, and this challenge was to make a monochromatic card using shades of brown, and to add a "splash of red." I'm hoping my "splash" isn't too much of a "tidal wave!" I thought about making most of the apples rotten and brown, but decided I'd rather stick with more red:)

The stamp is from Gina K. I used water color pencils and a paint brush to color it. Then I added a little more red with a paint brush and Real Red ink. I did so want to add some white highlights with a gel pen, but I was too afraid I would ruin what I already had done and was pleased with, so I chickened out! I used a black glaze pen on the rivets on the basket. The card base is PaperTrey Ink Kraft and the other browns are scraps I had. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Sincere Salutations and is stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia. The image was cut with a Labels One Nestability and is mounted on the bottom-most layer with Pop Dots.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great card for this time of year. I passed a farm yesterday offering "free" apples. :)

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful Lynette! I love the 'splash' of red. :) The apples are great!