Sunday, May 17, 2009

Two Simple Cards

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments – I had so many smiles reading them!

I made a couple really quick, simple cards last night so I thought I would upload them. The first one is an image stamped on Papertrey Kraft cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils. The stamp is by Stampin’ Up! from the set “Little Hellos” and I stamped it with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I mounted it on Pop Dots. The sentiment is from the same set.
The second one uses a sticker I got from a friend in a “Card Parts” swap a couple years ago. It’s maybe not meant to be for a baby, but it just said “baby” to me! The rectangle around it is embossed with a Nestability, and the sentiment is also from “Little Hellos” and is stamped with Stampin’ Up!’s Positively Pink. (I wish I knew why most of the time you can click the picture to view it larger, but sometimes you can't! The sticker says "Precious" on the top, that's why I thought it was great for a baby. Sorry you can't view it larger.)

I made a mock-up of the anniversary invitation on Friday night. It’s not going to be all that special, just functional! I’ll post it when I decide for sure. My husband went fishing with a friend on Friday and will be back today. Normally, that means that I almost don’t leave my stamping area! This time, however, I actually got some things done – mostly on the computer, but also in the bathroom that we are COMPLETELY redoing. I think the walls are all ready to paint now – yippee!! I also did some reading – the fourth book in the Twilight series. Anyone else read them? Today I have to clean the house because some friends are coming over to watch the Season Finale of Survivor. We have been watching the finale with them almost since the beginning – I think since perhaps the second season. We really look forward to it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I love both of these stamps. Your techniques are exquisite!

Suzie said...

So glad you took a little time to make some cards this weekend, Lynette. I kept "peeking in" to see if you had. ;-) Love both of the cards!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette:
Just kept checking, hoping to see a card. I love them both.
Joanne

bonnie32002 said...

I was fishing this past weekend too...that's why I don't have anything new to post yet lol!

Both the samples are really nice, my favorite tho...the 2nd one! Just another lynniepoo design original!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WONDERFUL!!! I love them both!!
Such a great job!
Have fun on the remodle! Alot of work!
hugz
deb

Anne said...

Truly appealed to my KRAFT side with this cutie-patootie!

{L&H}
-A.:)

Linda Woodward said...

I love your simple cards and was glad to see your posting, I've missed your cards, but I understand that you have other things to do beside stamping, darn!
I still haven't been able to get into the Twilight series, in fact I finally gave the first book back to my friend.

Michele Boyer said...

These might be simple, but they're perfect!