Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card





Today’s card was one I made last week for my good friend, Harriet. She is having hip replacement surgery today. Best of luck to you, Harriet!!! It’s called a Tri-Shutter card (not sure why!) and I found the directions and pictures on this Craftiblog entry by Bonnie. I have included several views.

The base of the card is an olive cardstock. The decorative paper is from Stampin’ Up! The stamp on the front is by Hero Arts and the Thinking of You stamp is from Stampin’ Up!’s All Year Cheer. The flowers are Primas and the center is a brad. The butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart punch and trimmed with pearls. The flowers on the back are punched, also, and have pearl centers.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

I love it!! You can make one of these for me anytime!!

Jeanette - said...

This is GORGEOUS Lynette! I love everything about it!

Linda Woodward said...

This card is so pretty, I saw it on SCS when Harriet posted it and I was going to e-mail you and ask for the directions. Thanks so much for sharing the site.

stampingtink said...

Great card! This is so beautiful and I love the effect. Great papers!

Cheryl said...

Simply gorgeous Lynette! I love those butterflys and you other accents.

Barbara said...

Wow! This is amazing and so pretty! I hope it was easier than it looks. Really terrific card, everything about it!