Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sage and Dark Purple - A Color Challenge

I took the time to make a card this morning. It’s for a color challenge in my Yahoo! group – to use sage green and dark purple – and for the 2 Red Bananas challenge for this week which is a sketch and you can find it here.

I cut an oval out with a Nestability, then used the outer part of it and sponged the inside of it with Stampin’ Up!’s Sage Shadow on a textured ivory paper. I stamped the flowers with Vintage Violet and added a pearl. The stamp is from Rubbernecker – the Jeanne Streiff collection. I matted this on Vintage Violet cardstock. The strip behind the image is Sage Shadow embossed with a Cuttlebug Texture folder. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado and is stamped with Vintage Violet.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Very pretty........as usual. :)

bonnie32002 said...

Great color combo. I wish I would have bought more coordinating card stocks. I foolishly bought reams of card stock from Office Depot...so you'll see me using lots of the same thing all the time lol!

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful Lynette! I love how you sponged inside the oval :) I'm not sure what's up with Mr. Linky - I'm working on it - sorry about that!

Danni said...

So pretty!!

Wendy said...

This is a very pretty card. I love how you did the sponging. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.