Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Glittery Thank You

Today's card is for two challenges - Clean and Simple Challenge #14 - using the 'Rock and Roll' technique (you can find the challenge and a link to the technique here) and also for the 2RedBananas challenge - to use glitter. (You can find that challenge here.)

Both stamps I used today are by Inkadinkado. I first inked them up with Summer Sun, then 'rolled' the edges in Tangerine Tango ink by Stampin' Up! They are mounted on Tangerine Tango cardstock. The bottom layer is from Die Cuts With a View Citrus matstack. I used a glue pen to draw over the stamping, then sprinkled with Barbara Trombley's Art Institute ultrafine glitter. The butterflies were 'scraps' on my table from the card I made yesterday using a Tonic punch. I wish the glitter showed up better, instead of just looking like sugar on the card! It's a little hard to tell in the picture what the card really looks like.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

This is very pretty! I love the glitz mixed with your spectacular eye for simplicity. Terrific!

Suzie said...

Lynette, can you explain the "rock and roll" technique to me? Do you use a lighter ink as the primary ink and then use a darker ink for the edges? Thanks so much for sharing this pretty card ... I love the sparkles!

bonnie32002 said...

Guess who finally got a Martha Butterfly punch?

Still looking for the dragonfly one...no luck this morning.