Friday, May 15, 2009

A Change in My Blogging "Habits!"

No card for today. Just a note to my friends and loyal readers.

I love making cards and sharing them on my blog. And I love getting visitors every day. I’m constantly checking out where you are all coming from. It truly amazes me how many of you faithfully visit me every day. (I don’t know who you are – don’t worry! - although I'd love to! I only know where you are visiting me from, and then only if you actually view my website!) I can not believe I am approaching 30,000 blog “hits” and also coming up on a year of blogging already. Seems not that long ago that I said, “What the heck!” and My Stamping Addiction started.

When I started, my intention was not to blog every day. Then I got caught up in it, thinking that if I didn’t blog every day, some of you would quit checking me out, and I have uploaded something every day for over FOUR MONTHS! I am NOT writing to say that I’m not going to be blogging any more, just to say that I’m going back to blogging when I have a card to post, and not doing cards just for the sake of blogging. I hope that makes sense!

We are working on our house – re-doing some things – and I need to spend more time on that and yard work. (YUCK!) My parents are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary in June, and I have invitations and preparations for that to do. My dad is still dealing with cancer and has decisions to make and that has meant several trips to go to doctors visits with him. Lots of things going on! Plus, my Yahoo! group’s “Group Gathering” is coming up in just over THREE WEEKS! and I need to prepare for that somewhat, too!

So, anyway, that being said – I know it’s going to be very hard for me to stay away from my stamping room and I’m sure I’ll still be posting quite frequently. I hope you will continue to check on me – all nearly 100 of you that are subscribers and followers!!

I’d love it if you would leave me a comment. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

15 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Hi Lynette! I will be here when you post - your creations are beautiful and I wouldn't miss them. :)

Anonymous said...

You inspire me with your beautiful cards and I will be here whether you post once a day, once a week or once a month. Thank you for sharing. It always brightens my day when I see the subject line in my email "My Stamping Addiction -"
Karen

Vicki said...

I'm glad I'm one who will still get to see you at gathering. But I'll be checking in on you here too when you do have time to post.

Suzie said...

Lynette,
I was just thinking the other day how much I enjoy getting your daily Feedblitz (and how impressed I was with your getting a new, beautiful card uploaded into your blog EVERY DAY!). However, with all that you have on your plate, we all understand that you won't have nearly as much time in your "happy room"!!
I'll be checking in, too! And hope to meet you in person soon! Hugs!

Angel Bobbie said...

I more than understand ...I will keep checking to see if you have left us something wonderful to see. You do such beautiful work.
Angel Hugs...Chemo Angel Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette.
I agree with what everyone else said here. Your creations are spectacular!
And worth the wait!
I am also one of the lucky ones that will get to see you in June.
Enjoy the 'house work.' We're doing some of that as well this summer!
See you soon!
Terri

Barbara said...

Lynette, it sounds like you have a very full plate! As you know, I am a very big fan! So, when you do give in to the urge to create and/or blog, I will be here to see your wonderful creations.

Blessings to your parents!

Hugs to you!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette,
I will truly miss your daily card. It gets me started for the day since the first thing I do each day is check your posting. You have inspired me to make clean and simple, yet beautiful, cards. I'll continue to check each day hoping to see your card.
Aloha,
Joanne

bonnie32002 said...

Your description of posting every day describes me perfectly as well. I too have a Dad with severe health issues and we are also fixing our home. We seem to be way too similar.

I am a subscriber so whenever you post I'll be ready to come and see!

Maybe you can share some of your other updates on your home, family....love to hear from you no matter the subject.

Mary said...

Hi Lynette,

I love your designs and enjoy looking at them. I understand why you are going to be posting less. It is a lot of work to have a card designed, blog about it and still do all of the other things that are important to you. As long as I get your updates I will be checking them out.

Enjoy your days, they go by so quickly.

Mary

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Almost made me cry! But summer gives us that push out the door to smell what great things happen in MN! I seem to have slowed to with the nicer weather, well not today! I will miss you but with m getting married in less than a month, i will be MIA also! Have fun with the house! and your yard work! Even though you claim it to be YUCK! LOL
Best wishes to your parents! What a wonderful milestone!
Already miss you!
hugz
deb

Laura said...

I faithfully check your blog everyday!!! Just to let you know I hail from Michigan!! Your cards are awesome!!! I love the extras you do on your cards!!! I will keep checking and hope everything goes well for you & your parents 60th!!! Congrats to them!!

Lisa M. said...

Hello from sunny California! I've just recently bookmarked your blog, as I really love your CAS style! Will continue to check in to see what you're creating, but blogs should be fun, not pressure, so no worries. :)

Lisa M.

Anne said...

LIFE sure has a way of interfering with the stamping! I should know... {Wink}

{L&H}
-A. :)

Michele Boyer said...

I think you've made a great decision, Lynette! Big hugs!