Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gate Fold Mother's Day

My card for today’s post is a Gate Fold card. It opens in the middle. To do this, score at two and one eighth inches from each side.

I found the stamps in the dollar section at JoAnn's and had to have them – like I need more flowers! I stamped them with Versafine Onyx Black ink on shimmery white paper and colored them with Bold Brights markers. The stems are drawn by hand. The corners are punched and embossed with a Fiskars punch. The background paper is from Die Cuts With a View Summer matstack and I used a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder on it before attaching it to the card. The butterflies are punched with my new Martha Stewart punch, and I added three tiny pearls to each of them and one larger one to the largest flower. I also put a couple butterflies on the inside of the card.


Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OHHH what a gorgeous card! Love you DP and your flowers! Great stems!! Also love your new punch!!
Those butterflies are so pretty! Love the touch of pearls.
hugz
deb

bonnie32002 said...

I had to laugh at what you said about the $1 flowers you bought...ain't it the truth!!

Love the new butterfly punch; I was going to get one but they were out of them when I got to the store. Maybe next time!

Cathy said...

Great idea, never really thought of embossing printed paper. Looks great. TFS

Cheryl said...

Great job with this card. Love the designer paper and butterflies are awesome.

Jeanette - said...

This is so beautiful!! I LOVE your plaid butterflies :)

shel9999 said...

How pretty and springy!!!