Friday, April 10, 2009

Bright Flowers To Cheer You

I tried resisting this stamp set by Stampendous at Michael's, but I couldn’t do it. :)

As usual, I used Versafine Onyx Black to stamp the image, and I colored it with Stampin’ Up! markers from the Bold Brights family. I tried something I hadn’t done, and I think it helped. After I colored the flowers, I thought I would use the SU! blender pen to try to smooth out the lines. It seemed to remove the marker somewhat, which is not what I wanted. But, when I then colored over it again, the color went on really nicely with no marker lines showing. Pretty cool, I thought. The image and mat are cut using rectangle Nestabilities. The right side is embossed with a Fiskars texture plate. The ribbon doesn’t match exactly, but in real life it’s a lot closer than it looks in the picture! The smallest flowers in the main image and the flowers in the lower left have pearl centers.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful!! I love the colors :)

Vicki said...

This card would definitely cheer someone with the great bright colors.

bonnie32002 said...

This is soooo cheerful!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! Such a bright card in just the right spots! Your cards are soooo perfect!
Great job!!
hugz
deb

Suzie said...

This is just so pretty and so Springy! Thanks for the tip on using the blender pen, too! Happy Easter

Suzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.