Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thinking of You - Times Two

My two cards for today’s post are for friends recovering – one from surgery and one from a virus. The cards can’t help heal, but hopefully they brought a minute of two of cheer!

The first one is done with So Saffron, black and white. The ovals are all done with Oval Nestabilities. The patterned paper is from Stampin’ Up! The stamp is by Inkadinkado. I colored the little butterflies with a So Saffron maker. The flowers are from Michael’s – from the wedding section. They come white, but color VERY nicely with markers. I used the So Saffron to color one of the flowers, and added tiny pearls for the centers.
The second one is done in Certainly Celery and white. The triangle piece is left over from a card I did a few days ago, using SU!’s Stippled Stencils stamp set. Again, the patterned paper is SU!, the sentiment is Inkadinkado, the ribbon is Certainly Celery, and the flowers are from Michael’s with one of them colored with a Certainly Celery marker.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

You are never going to believe this; I've already cased this card! I saw it in the SCS gallery and it caught my eye. It is scheduled to post on my blog on 3-19-09.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Bonnie32002
www.craftiblog.wordpress.com

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OHHHH!! I love both of them!! But I really really LOVE the top one! And its even more GORGEOUS in REAL LIFE!!!
Awesome cards!!!
Thank you again!
hugz
deb

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! I wish I had just half your ideas for the way you put colors and things together. I love the celery colored one.

Oma said...

Beautiful cards!

Julie said...

These are just BEAUTIFUL cards, Lynette! Lovely, elegant designs. And you looked in the wedding section at Michael's -- now there is one section I have not combed for supplies. I will the next time I am there, though! I love little tips like that - thanks for sharing!

You've really got a great eye for clean and elegant design. Beautiful!

Beth M said...

These are both lovely but I'm really drawn to the saffron/white/black one. That color combo is very striking and I love the oval nesties.

I'm sure they helped cheer your friends.