Thursday, March 26, 2009

SCS Clean and Simple Punch Challenge

A very simple card today. I’ve made a few cards lately that I can’t post yet, and I’m running out of those that I CAN post! (Edited to add: Bonnie - I can't post them because I am going to be sending them to people who read my blog, and they would probably know that they are for them!)

This was another card I made for the Clean and Simple challenge on SCS to use punches. The punch I used is a Fiskars border punch. I used Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select white cardstock for both the border and the card base. After I punched the border, I trimmed it down and scored two lines in it with my Scor-Pal. This was going to be a strictly white-on-white card, but then I added the very thin strip of color above the border. Then I thought it needed a sentiment in color. So then the Cuttlebug-embossed flower needed color, too. I used a couple Fantastix and Stampin’ Up! ink pads to color it in So Saffron and Certainly Celery.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your clean and simple cards, you are so creative. Don't you just love the Papertrey Ink paper? Your blog is the first thing I look at in the morning.

bonnie32002 said...

You know I'm going to have to case this right? It's beautiful!

and a question about something you said...why wouldn't you be able to add some of the other cards you've made? Just curious!