Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Won Blog Candy!

I made a card for the 2RedBananas blog challenge last week (which I just realized I didn’t post on my blog yet. I’ll do that for tomorrow!) and lucky me – I was the random winner! I won my choice of stamp sets from their February and March releases. This is the set that I choose. Their sets are unmounted rubber. You get the best of both – nothing stamps like rubber, but yet you don’t need the storage space of wood blocks. Awesome!! Thank you so much, Jeanette! This week’s challenge goes through today. Here is a link to the new challenge, if you’re interested. It’s an Inspiration Challenge. 2RedBananas also has MANY other items available. Check them out!

So, here is a card I made with my new set. I received it on Wednesday, but didn’t get a chance to finish it until this morning. The bird is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on Papertrey Ink’s Stamper’s Select. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I cut it out with a Labels One Nestability die. Then I embossed it, and left the die in place and sponged with SU! So Saffron ink. I used a bigger Labels One die to cut a mat out of Certainly Celery, then trimmed it down. (Looking at the card now, I wish I had embossed the mat, too. Next time!) I stamped the butterflies on PTI cardstock and colored them the same way and cut them out. The background paper is from Debbie Mumm’s Baby Girl stack from JoAnn’s. The butterflies are mounted on Pop Dots. The sentiment is from the 2RedBanana’s set also, and is stamped with Stampin’ Up!’s Certainly Celery.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning more Blog Candy! Your creations are always great. Love the card you made with the stamp set you won. Very nice job blending the colors.

Linda Woodward said...

Congratulations on your win, I'm not surprised you were picked. I love your card, you do such a nice job with gamsol, wish I lived close to you so you could show me. I also like the matting with the labels one die. Great job!!

bonnie32002 said...

Good for you! And I love the card you created with your new set! And I wish you lived closer to me too...I'd love to play with you!

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynette. This card is amazing. Your coloring & blending is perfect. So soft! This is my FAVE!
Terri

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW THIS CARD IS AWESOME!!! I love it, the colors, the image!! Just beautiful!!
Congrats on winning!!
hugz
deb

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful Lynette!! I love the label turned on it's side and your coloring is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing in our challenge and congrats on winning :)