Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Christmas - In March!!

How about a Christmas card for today? Yep, amazingly I have some Christmas cards done. I decided this year to make several of one design, and then make some different ones later. I made 50 of this one, and will be making another 30 starting maybe in about September.

I used PaperTrey Stamper’s Select White as the card base. I figured if it’s only going to be one layer, it should be a good one! I did them assembly-line fashion. I began by scoring 25 sheets, cutting them, and then, using a Rectangle Nestability, I embossed the frame on them all. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for the placement of the tree, since that really needed to be in the center of the frame. I just “eye-balled” the placement of the sentiment and snowflake. The stamps are all from a Stampin’ Up! set called Snow Swirled. I stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold detail embossing powder, doing about 13 – 14 at a time before I used the heat gun to finish the embossing. When the fronts were all done, I stamped on the insides, and then on the back. When they were all finished with the stamping, I folded them. They now await the end of November!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is beautiful! So very classy!
hugz
deb

Julie said...

I really admire you for starting so early - this will make life easier for you come November & December! It's a beautiful card -- the tree and the embossing look just perfect. Very elegant!