Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another SCS Challenge Card

This card is for yesterday’s SplitCoastStampers’ Ways To Use It challenge – to use colors from the Soft Subtles family and a spring flower.

This card actually gave me some problems – probably because I should have been getting ready for company instead of doing the challenge! I did a card in my head while I was walking on the treadmill, but this isn’t it! The flowers I chose didn’t work, so I had to figure out something different. Then the layout didn’t work at all, because this flower was bigger. And so it went! But after lots of moving these elements around, I finally settled on their placement. I tied the ribbon where I wanted it and mounted the white on the green. Then I adhered it to the base of the card – upside down! So now, instead of the ribbon being towards the top with the knot on the right side, it was bottom left. I would have preferred it the way I planned it, but this is an acceptable second choice!

The tulip stamp is from Stampin’ Up!’s Garden Whimsy set – colored with a Lavender Lace and a Mellow Moss marker. The sentiment is by Inkadinkado, stamped with Mellow Moss. I sponged Mellow Moss around the edge of the tulip layer. The ovals are all cut with Nestabilities. I added dots with two different white gel pens – different tip sizes. The mats are Mellow Moss and Lavender Lace. I don’t remember where I got the ribbon – probably Michael's.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the lavender and white!!
Very very pretty! and I think it turned out wonderful this way!!!
hugz
deb

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful Lynette! I love all the polka dots!