Monday, March 9, 2009

Anna Griffin Tulip

My card for today features a stamp by Anna Griffin. I’ve had it for ages, and I’m not sure if I had ever used it or not until this card - which I promised a few days ago that I would upload.

I colored the stamp with Stampin’ Up!’s Old Olive, Cameo Coral and Creamy Caramel markers. I used a blender pen on the images after they were stamped to fill in the images a little bit. I cut and embossed them using an Oval Nestability, then left the die in place and lightly went over them with blue chalk, leaving a white border on them. The scalloped frame is Cameo Coral, the green strips are Old Olive, and the sentiment is by Stampendous. I used my Scor-Pal and I added some pearls. True confessions time: the thin Old Olive strip at the bottom was added to cover up an 'oopsie.' I got a line from the edge of the sentiment stamp - but I think the strip looks like it was part of the design all along!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

This is lovely! And I have to tell you that because of you're wonderful creations I HAD to get my first set of nesties!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!!! Can't wait to try this one with my Nesties!....and you posted a comment on a SU card about tying the perfect bow -- I did a video for the store where I teach and design that you might enjoy seeing - For the perfect bow and knot visit:

http://tinyurl.com/ktknots
http://tinyurl.com/ktbows

Barbara said...

Pure elegance!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so springy and gorgeous, Lynette!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, clean, white, absolutely lovely card! I wouldn't guess for one minute you were trying to cover a flaw when you added the green strip. It looks exactly like it was planned that way! So pretty!

Beth M said...

Love this! The colors, the layout, the little oopsie strip . . . beautiful!