Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Water Colored Anniversary


Today’s card uses a technique I don’t use very often – water coloring. The card is for the Color Challenge on SCS – to use Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Kiwi Kiss.

The flower stamps are from an Inkadinkado set that I’ve had for quite a while, really love, and had not used yet. I stamped them with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I wanted to water color them with my Stampin’ Up! ink pads and an Aquabrush. The way it’s “supposed” to be done is to squish your pad, and then the ink will collect in the lid. I’ve never had much success with that method. So, I took the mat for my Stamp-a-ma-jig and rubbed that in my ink pad and used it as my “palette.” It worked great. It’s always nice when something serves a dual purpose! I used the challenge colors to “paint” my flowers. I honestly don’t know if my paper is water color paper or not, but it’s textured like water color paper is. I matted it with Kiwi Kiss. The sentiment is from a Stampendous set, again stamped with Versafine black and embossed. I love adding the Scor-Pal lines around the sentiment – a little touch that adds so much.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous!! Love those images!
Classy!!
hugz
deb

Jeanette - said...

Wow - this is beautiful Lynette! I love the images and your coloring is beautiful!

Barbara said...

Beautiful use of those colors! I just love your cards!!

Anne said...

Very pretty, Lynette!

'thinkin' I should've had you pick me the Inkadinkado's... LOVE'em too! {wink}

{L&H}
-A. :)