Thursday, February 19, 2009

House Mouse Sketch Challenge

Another challenge card – three days in a row! This one is not for SplitCoastStampers, though, but a House Mouse Sketch Challenge, sponsored this week by 2RedBananas. You can find the sketch here.

I don’t own any House Mouse stamps, but I had a couple stamp-offs of one, and one was already even colored. I colored it at our “Group Gathering” last June. Someone had brought some Copic markers, and I used them. Last year there were not a whole lot of Copics, but this year I think there will be a LOT!

So, back to the card. I cut and embossed the main image with a plain circle Nestability. I knew the ribbon would be covering up part of the bottom, so I made sure to cut the image as close to the top as I could. The scalloped layer and the bottom layer are pink shimmery paper. The bottom panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss folder and the top panel is done with the Distressed Stripes folder. The “make a wish” stamp is from Studio G and it’s stamped with Stampin’ Up!’s Garden Green. The pearls are from the dollar spot at Target.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice card!! Great job!

bonnie32002 said...

I really like the light airy color of this...I have a couple of mice images; I guess I'll have to case the sketch!! Thanks for sharing.

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is just gorgeous!!!
Very elegant! I love how you use your CB!!
hugz
deb

Anonymous said...

Love it! The mice are adorable.