Friday, January 9, 2009

Verve Challenge Birthday

This card is for the last sketch challenge for Verve’s new release contest. It can be found here. I also did their color challenge and the other two sketch challenges. I might possibly put them on my blog some day, but they are in my SCS gallery, if you are interested in seeing them.

I started with the ribbon and worked from there. The cardstocks I used are Stampin’ Up!’s Pixie Pink and Pink Pirouette. The image is one that someone had sent to me a while ago - Suzy's Zoo. I used an Aquapainter and SU! ink pads to color it. (Doesn't show very well, but there ARE two colors of pink in her clothing.) I also used a very light gray marker for the highlighting around the edges of the image, and I sponged some Pink Pirouette around the edges of the image panel. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado. I had stamped the Pink Pirouette and then embossed it with the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder, but I didn’t like the stamping, so I just turned it over and used the “de-bossed” side. I stamped the sentiment over the debossing, so it looks “hole-y.” I like the effect.


Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that card.....Of course I love all your cards! Everyday I check out your blog but haven't been taking the time to comment. You are always an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is just darling! Beautiful coloring, and I love how you reversed the Swiss dots. So cute!

Jeanette - said...

She looks so sweet with all your details. I really like the 'debossed' side, it looks really cool!