Sunday, January 4, 2009

A "Pearl-y" Birthday Card


We had a couple errands to run the other day, and also stopped in to Michael’s. I had a couple of 50% off coupons plus a gift certificate. What a great combination! As I was leaving, I just happened to walk through an aisle that had some Martha Stewart Christmas things for 60% off – what a deal! I got a package of 15 yards of ribbon (three yards each of five designs) for $1.99! And a snowflake border punch for $5.99!!

I used the snowflake border punch for this card, as well as my Scor-Pal. I layered it on Buckaroo Blue and stamped the happy Birthday (from one of my new Costco Inkadinkado sets) with Buckaroo Blue, also. I added a small pearl in the center of each snowflake. The top part of the card is a very thin, “pearlized” shimmery paper which I embossed with my Cuttlebug Snowflake folder. Another Clean and Simple card that I’m very pleased with.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute and simple card. My SIL birthday is in Dec and I haven't made her card yet, maybe I will case this one. I'm going to see her next weekend. I have two of the sets from Costco, haven't used them yet though.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lynette! I love the border punch and the pearls!

Mary said...

Your card is very elegant. I also love that it is done in monochromatic colors. Last but certainly not least I *love* the little pearls.
You always seem to find the good deals. :)

Mary

Oma said...

I love this card; it's beautiful!

Jeanette - said...

What a fun shopping trip you had, and your card is beauiful! I love the pearls :)