Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Butterfly Anniversary


Today’s card was made for yesterday’s Color Challenge (#203) on SplitCoastStampers. The colors are Stampin’ Up!’s Baja Breeze, Pacific Point and Garden Green.

I went with a layout similar to cards I’ve made before. Hey – it works! The stamp set I used is from Stampin’ Up! It’s called Flight of the Butterfly. I stamped the base of the blue butterflies with Baja Breeze and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the dotted portion and body of the butterfly with Pacific Point. (There are also two more patterns for the butterfly, as well as other sentiments and a little flower.) I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig again to stamp the sentiment right where I wanted it. The smaller butterflies are stamped with Garden Green. I sponged the edges of the panel with Baja Breeze, then mounted it on Garden Green and Pacific Point. The Happy Anniversary stamp is by Hero Arts. I added a double score line above and below the stamped strip.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I love the colors, the simplicity and the cheery-ness. It's a layout that really works.