Thursday, November 13, 2008

Two-Step Anniversary (Well, MORE than two steps!)


Tuesday allowed me a little stamping time, but I can’t post the cards I made to my blog yet, because the recipients of them read this. Today I got to make a card, too, and I’m going to take a chance and share it with you.

The card for today is actually stamped! I’ve been realizing that my cards don’t really have that much stamping anymore. And if today is any indication, I think I know why! This card took a LONG time. And I’m not sure I like it as well as the cards I’ve been making lately.

I started with Stampin’ Up!’s Very Vanilla for my card base. I used two Two-Step Stampin’ sets – Watercolor Garden II and Petal Prints. To stamp the leaf sprigs from Petal Prints, I used Kiwi Kiss and True Thyme. For the flowers from Watercolor Garden II, I used Pale Plum and Perfect Plum. I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to line up my stamping the way I wanted it. Then I took a piece of vellum the same size as the card front. I scored a lattice of diagonal lines on the bottom with my Scor-Pal. I stamped the Happy Anniversary (from Inkadinkado’s Wedding/Marriage) with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used a double layer of ribbon – a sheer and a grosgrain. I used double-sided tape to adhere the vellum under the ribbon. Then I added a couple brads to attach the vellum in the upper corners.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty color combination and I like the way you stamped the leaves and the flowers. The vellum gives it such a soft touch.

Julie said...

Hello Lynette! You know, I know exactly what you mean about not stamping much. I just noticed lately that I don't stamp too much either -- my main thing is embossing and using layers, I think. Then I might add one tiny stamp! Funny -- but then again, not surprising, since our styles are similar!

This card is just lovely -- scoring lines on the vellum was a great idea. It gives a really nice effect!

Anonymous said...

Lynette this is beautiful - you know this is my favorite color combination!! Love the vellum as well!

Beth M said...

This is lovely! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What a wonderful combination of stamps. I honestly thought it was a beautiful piece of designer paper at first. Silly me when you've used some of my favorite stamps. I love the scored vellum panel. This is absolutely exquisite!

Jeanette - said...

Lynette - it's BEAUTIFUL! I love the background that you stamped. So soft and pretty yet bright enough to show through the vellum. You know how much I love your scoring details!!!