Monday, November 17, 2008

Santa Christmas Card

Another quick Christmas card. I just HAD to do a little stamping tonight – time passes so quickly! We went out of town again this past weekend to visit with my husband’s mom and to celebrate her 91st birthday.

I stamped Santa on a shimmery white paper. I used Versafine Black Onyx with Papertrey Ink’s set “Believe.” I colored Santa’s hat and robe with a glue pen, then pressed red flocking on it. I used Liquid Applique on his beard and the “fluff” on his hat, sleeves and the bottom of his robe. I used Stampin’ Up! markers to color his face. The heart is popped up with a Pop Dot. I used a red gel pen for the hand-doodling around the edge. The background is embossed with a Fiskars Snowflakes texture plate. Both pieces are matted with SU!’s Real Red cardstock. The sentiment is also stamped with a stamp from PTI’s “Believe” set. I used an SU! punch to punch holes for the ribbon to go through. I also rubbed the ink pad on the edge of the sentiment to highlight it a little bit.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great CAS card Lynette! The flocking and liquid applique give it some great texture.

Jeanette - said...

Great card Lynette! Love all the details!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette~
I don't get a chance to comment on all your cards, but I had to on this one. It is awesome. This took some time with the flocking & applique. That flocking can be as messy as glitter & embossing powder! lol.
Have a great day!
Terri