Friday, October 31, 2008

A "Spring-y" Card for Halloween!

I made a couple more cards yesterday, so I think I’ll post them to my blog, too – one today and one tomorrow. It will feel good to actually be ahead!

The card I’ve chosen for today was one I started for the Color Challenge this week on SCS – Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss and Pixie Pink. I just couldn’t finish the card – I was not successful in the least with mixing the orange and the pink! This one just has the Pixie Pink and Kiwi Kiss. The flowers and stems are stamped with a retired Stampin’ Up! set called Spring Garden. The sentiment is from another retired SU! set called Greetings 4 You. I of course had to use my Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder and my Scor-Pal. The bottom edge of the Kiwi Kiss mat was done with a Fiskars rotary cutter, another tool that I really like and forget to use. A couple brads finish out the card.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

1 comment:

mnhyrkas said...

cute one! I like how you are getting some creative use out of your swiss dot folder. It looks good over the stamping. And you get bonus points for using an older forgotten tool :)