Saturday, October 18, 2008

From the Archives: "Pregnancy Congrats"

This is the card I made for our daughter and son-in-law when they informed us that they were expecting.

From the description in my SplitCoastStampers gallery: “The first thing I did on this card was to use the stencil edges to emboss the flat area for the “Congratulations” to fit into. Then I used my Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder to emboss the upper and lower parts.I used two different kinds of Dreamweavers embossing paste - "regular" and glossy white. The "Congratulations" is just the glossy white paste. For the rattle, I first stippled Stampin’ Up!’s Mint Melody and Barely Banana ink through the stencil, and then I applied the embossing paste. After I removed the stencil, I sprinkled the rattle with ultra-fine glitter. The rattle panel is raised on pop-dots.”

If you are interested in Dreamweavers stencils or embossing paste (or MANY other things!), I have a great “source.” I get my items from Heartwarmers from Vicki. She has a new blog with great cards, and there is a link to her store in the right-side column.


Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

No comments: