Monday, September 22, 2008

Sympathy on the Loss of a Dear Pet

Finally, another card! Man, stamping time has been hard to come by lately.

This card was made for a good friend who recently had to have her cat put to sleep due to cancer. Poor kitty, and poor Joanne.

I only had about ten minutes Friday morning before a doctor’s appointment, but I had pretty much “designed” this card in my head, so it went quickly. I used an Argyle embossing folder by Cuttlebug for the embossed background. Before I ran it through my BIGkick, I brayered Stampin’ Up!’s Going Gray on the folder. I dry embossed the cat and cut it out with Nestabilities – the matting, too, which is Going Gray. I stamped the sentiment and also cut it out with Nestabilities. The sentiment is from a clear set by Inkadinkado. It, and the argyle, are both mounted on Going Gray. I sponged the edges with Going Gray, also.

I think I’m done with work for the day, and it’s time to play. Yippee!! Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful card Lynette! It came together very quickly. I wish I could do that! On another note, I'm tagging you on my blog today, don't feel like you have to do it, but I wanted to send some people your way to see your beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card Lynette. I love that cat stencil you used! Joanne will cherish this card!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely CHERISH this card! It will eventually go in my kitty scrapbook, but right now it reminds me of a VERY special friend that cares VERY much!!! Oh yes, this friend is EXTREMELY talented too....grin!
Hugs to you, Lynette!
Joanne

Beth M said...

I love this! I need to find that cuttlebug folder because I love what you've done with it!