Wednesday, September 24, 2008

For Cammie's Alzheimer's Challenge

Today’s card is the one that I made for Cammie’s Alzheimer’s blog candy. I will mail it to the home where her grandmother was living in Pennsylvania. It’s also for yesterday’s SplitCoastStampers (SCS) Color Challenge (using Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze) and today’s SCS Sketch Challenge.

The card base is Very Vanilla, as are all the textured pieces and the sentiment. I embossed the two bottom pieces with a Cuttlebug Argyle folder which I had brayered with color. The top layer I stamped with leaves from a Fiskars Thank You clear set, and then embossed it with a Dotted Swiss folder. The sentiment is also from the same Fiskars set. I sponged color on the edges of all of the pieces, as well as the sentiment and the edges of the card base. The sentiment is cut and embossed with a Long Oval Nestability and mounted on a scalloped piece cut with the Scalloped Long Oval Nestabilities set. A couple brads and some Pop Dots complete the card.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

great coloring on your CB pieces. What a good cause too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those brayered/embossed pieces look awesome! I have to try that! Wonderful card!

Carolyn King said...

wonderful card...love how you embossed over stamping! Great job!

Thanks for participating in my challenge too! They are gonna love this!
hugs-Cammie

Jeanette - said...

Lynette - this is stunning!! I love it so much! Great card for such a great cause!

Beth M said...

This is just beautiful! I love all the texture with the color combo!