Friday, August 22, 2008

Sort of a Repeat ...

Today's card is kind of a repeat of yesterday's - same image colored with the same markers, same color background, same sentiment set ... and yet it's quite different. At least I hope it's different enough! LOL!

The image is from Stampin' Up's Elegant Embroidery, colored with SU! markers and gone over the markers with a glaze pen. I sponged the edge with Certainly Celery, mounted on black shimmery paper, and then on a scalloped purple layer, also sponged with Certainly Celery. It's mounted on foam mounting squares. The sentiment (from SU!'s All-Year Cheer I) is stamped directly on the Bazzil paper. I doodled some "stitching" lines around the edge of the bottom and added black brads in the lower corners. The ribbon is from Michael's.

This card is for the mother of a good friend of mine. She will be having surgery (SOON, hopefully!) to remove her kidney due to kidney cancer. I wish her the best!!

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

(Just a note as I'm looking at my last two cards - they really ARE the same color! Funny what lighting will do to colors. Also, the ribbon and the scalloped purple layer are not exactly the same color, but they are a much better match In Real Life!)

1 comment:

Jeanette - said...

I love both of the cards in the last two posts and I think that even though they are the same color, they are very different. The have a different emotion to me :) Both are BEAUTIFUL!