Monday, August 11, 2008

Clear Stamp Storage

Today’s post is something that really made me happy on Saturday morning when I figured it out. My clear stamp sets have just been stored in a drawer and it’s way too easy to forget about them. A couple weeks ago I just threw them into page protectors, knowing that was not a solution since they just slid around, and got on top of each other if there was more than one set in there, and fell out. Then early Saturday morning, I had the “eureka moment.” I tried it out, and I love it! I couldn’t wait to get home Sunday evening and get this project done!

Here is what I did. I knew I wanted to keep the packaging so that I could tell who made the stamps. So, the first thing I did was to unseal the flap of the package, take the stamps out of the package, and then seal the flap to the inside. Then I put the stamps back into the package so that the opening was at the top. I put double-sided tape on the back of the package, and secured it on to a piece of sturdy white cardstock so that the opening was at the top of the page. I then slipped the cardstock with the stamp set/(s) attached into a page protector, and put it in a three-ring binder. Some sets I could fit only one per page, and some sets I could fit two. I can just reach in and slide the stamps out – perfect!

Some of my sets are too big to fit side-by-side with the openings at the top, or small enough to fit more than two sets to a page. So, on those sets, I slit the side of the page protector and taped up the top. I adhered them to the cardstock so that the openings were on the side of the page.

I hope this is helpful to someone out there. I know I’m pretty excited about it. I have seen other suggestions, but they seemed like too much work to me! I’m kind of lazy/”efficient” when it comes to things like this – the simpler the better. I have pictures and a database of all of my Stampin’ Up! stamps, and now it will be much easier for me to catalog my clear stamps, too.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is this?? I am definitely going to try this method out today - I'll let you know how it goes. What space it will free up for me too! Thanks Lynette - you're brilliant!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness. I love this! Thank you for the wonderful idea!

mnhyrkas said...

I like your solution! I'll have to take a peek at it when I pick up the order from you. I've been using cd cases, but I hate cutting them down to fit. This is a great answer

Anonymous said...

Yes this was very helpful.Thanks for sharing.